Cape Town - The Mother City
Cape Town Travel Safely
The Western Cape is as safe as any other destination in the world
As a visitor to and guest of our beautiful province, your enjoyment and well being are of utmost importance to us.
As in other countries, there are a few basic precautions you should take during your visit.
- · Separate your cash and credit cards and don’t carry all your cash with you.
- · Store parcels out of sight in the boot of the car.
- · Never leave your luggage unattended.
- · Do not allow strangers to assist you at automated teller machines.
- · Try to obtain a route map before you set out and plan your route beforehand.
- · Try to explore in groups and stick to well-lit streets especially at night.
- · Never pick up strangers.
- · Park in well-lit areas at night.
- · Always drive with your doors locked and your windows closed.
Western Cape Police Flying Squad 10111
Western Cape Ambulance 10177
Cellphone Emergency Number 112
AA Emergency Road Service 0800 01 0101
Western Cape Fire Brigade 107
Poison Information 0800 33 3444
Western Cape Mountain Rescue Services +27 21 948 9900 or 107
Western Cape Sea Rescue Services +27 21 449 3500
Western Cape Aviation Rescue Services +27 21 937 1211
Western Cape Tourism Information and Safety Call Line 083 123 2345
Western Cape Tourist Police +27 21 418 2853
All Emergency Line 107