South Africa Cape Brandy Route | unique tours south africa
Brandy Connoisseur Tour – Cape Town & Route 62
Join us for a trip to taste some of the 50 different brandies produced in South Africa, some being aged for up to 21 years. Brandy is enjoyed by a wide variety of South Africans. There seems to be a brandy for everyone’s taste and budget, from fine estate brandies, boutique brandies, to those mainly consumed with mixers.
South Africa is currently the 5th largest producer of brandy in the world.
The itinerary below is one sample .
ALL TRAVEL PACKAGES ARE PRIVATE, WITH A PERSONALIZED ITINERARY
Departs: Cape Town
Duration: 2 days/ 1 nights
Price: From ZAR 2999 per person ; ZAR Single supplement
Day trips available as well from R500 per person (SA Citizen specials)
Day 1(Includes Breakfast, lunch & Braai)
- Collection in the Cape Town.
- Enjoy a hearty South African breakfast before crossing the Du Toits Kloof Mountains. KWV House of Brandy visit.
- Joseph Barry Brandy in Barrydale.
- Lunch @ Clarke of the Karoo.
- Boplaas Estate in Calitzdorp.
- Mons Ruber & Meiringspoort.
Day 2(Includes Breakfast & Lunch)
- Check-out after breakfast.
- Cango Wildlife Ranch or Caves optional.
- Grundheim Estate Brandy, Liqueurs & Witblits.
- Mosselbay Lunch.
- Gouritz Bungee jump rest area.
- Swellendam Stop.
- Tour ends in Cape Town This being a private trip makes it possible to adapt the trip/route where necessary to suit the group.
1. Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle operated by a registered transport operator.
2. Fuel, Taxes & Toll fees.
3. Tasting Fees.
4. 1 Night sharing accommodation.
5. Lunch & Braai Day 1; Breakfast & Lunch on Day 2
6. Soft drinks en route
7. A collection service in the greater Cape Town area is included
1. Any other item not specified.
2. Headache & tablets
There are brandies that are enjoyed with mixers. A tot of brandy in a long glass, a few cubes of ice and filled with cola, soda, ginger ale or tonic makes for a refreshing drink, ideal for the country's warm climate.
Drinkers will notice that our brandies will not allow themselves to be intimated by the relevant mixer, but that the characteristic brandy flavour will come through the drink. Brandy can also be mixed with fruit juice, its own sugars blending perfectly with the juice.
The more expensive premium and estate brandies are usually enjoyed neat, perhaps with a few cubes of ice and a dash of water.
Despite the Afrikaans translation "brandewyn" literally meaning "burnt wine", South Africa's premium and estate brandies are characterised by their smooth, full flavour.
Brandy lovers will also notice that, just like wine, each different brandy has its own characteristic. Some may have a light, fruity flavour, while others may be robust, full and smoky. But brandy lovers throughout the world agree that some of the finest brandies emanate from South Africa.
Thus it is no small wonder that our brandies have won numerous international awards for their superlative quality.